Tooth Fairy #1
My dentist appointment was approaching and I was playing around with polymer clay when I got that great idea to make a tooth fairy.
Now creating figures is totally new for me. So this first fairy is a little crude.
Tooth Fairy #2
- I had to place the tooth fairy on something to sit, but what? It was going to be a tooth fairy after all so why not use a tooth to sit her on.
- I made a tooth out of cardboard and covered it with white clay.
- Then I followed instructions on how to create figure from a book. The book is called How to Make Clay Characters by Maureen Carlson.
- Next I dressed the figure in polymer clay clothes.
- I found a mold of a tooth in my children’s crafts items and used a small star cutter to create a star for the top of her wand.
- The wings are made from a heart that I cut out with a cookie cutter.
- For the eyes I used small black beads.
- The hair is made from small spaghetti. I ran the clay through the thin cutting setting on my pasta machine and arranged the strands on her head like curly hair.